Low Income Weatherization Program
The program offers no cost weatherization measures to low income households that have high energy usage and is funded by the EmPower MD program.
Efficient Home is an approved contractor with the Department of Housing and Community Development for the EmPower MD program. The program is designed to assist in weatherizing homes to reduce the amount of energy used and reduce your utility bill. The measures include but are not limited to:
- Insulation of walls and attics
- Possible appliance replacement (refrigerator, furnace, HVAC units)
- Energy efficient light bulbs
- Shower heads and sink aerators
Residents can become eligible by completing an application through the Energy Assistance Program or direct contact with the Department of Housing and Community Development.
Get started today!
- Complete the DHCD Energy Programs Application: DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
- Send it to the DHCD address: Maryland Dept. Of Housing and Community Development Attn: Weatherization 7800 Harkins Rd Lanham, MD 20706
- Contact us with any questions below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 301-476-9588